The goal is to provide a learning environment, in a residential setting, that offers individuals the means to maximize their independent living skills and regular occasions for community integration. The program provides 24 hour residential supports, training, assistance, and/or specialized supervision to maximize the individual’s independent living skills and regular occasions for community integration.
Areas of training available include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing functional skills related to life skills activities such as meal planning, shopping, meal preparation; using bank resources, money management; etc.
- Using community resources such as social and recreational activities, YMCA, participating in advocacy activities, road trips, recreational centers, and Special Olympics.A monthly activities calendar is provided.
- Adapting behavior for community and home and community environments such as socialization, developing coping and relaxation skills; identifying feelings; making appropriate decisions; incorporating personal preferences into daily activities; controlling anger and aggression.
- Monitoring health and physical condition and assistance with medication or other medical needs.
- Assisting with activities of daily living such as completing personal care tasks when physically unable to learn to do so.
- Learning how to complete daily household tasks, such as laundry, sweeping, mopping, dusting, etc.
- Assisting with transportation to and from training sites and community resources.
- Providing specialized supervision to ensure the individual’s health and safety.